Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Tale of Two Intake Forms HW

I found the conversation on Tuesday to be very interesting. There were two different intake forms: one basic one that only asked about the person's income and family, and the other which was more Christian-based. I am not sure which one i agree with the most. I believe that the Helping Hands (basic) one was like that because it is a government funded place. I liked that one because they just asked what they needed to know. I think that the church one seemed like a little too much like where it asked "Did you go to church on Sunday? If no, why not?" I have to admit that even though I am a Christian, I do not believe that you have to go to church on Sunday to look better in God's eyes. Yes, it is a good place to gather with those who share your beliefs, but I have not been to church in a while, and I do not feel that it has affected me at all as a Christian. I still pray and believe in God and try to follow my beliefs. I believe that the church could've still asked religious questions, but they should've been ones that seemed less judgmental, like "have you been saved?" or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment