Wednesday, October 14, 2009

ADPI!

Since I have started college, I decided to join a sorority. I think it has been one of the best decisions that I have made. Before school started, my mom convinced me to go through recruitment. I did not really want to because my thought on sororities were like the one on the movie "Legally Blonde," and I'm not really into that.
I got a ΠΧ who contacted me on facebook the week before and wanted to know my dorm and room number so that she could meet me in person. The first day here, she came and visited and helped me move in, along with a few other AΔΠ's. They were so nice. I remember telling my mom that I wanted to be an ΑΔΠ. That night, there was an all-Greek mxer on the south patio. It was cool and I met a lot of girls from different sororities. After that night, I decided that my first two choices for a sorority were going to be KΔ or ΑΔΠ. Ι was really excited because everyone seemed really cool and i had already met SO many people on just the first night.
The recruitment days finally came. The first night was Philanthropy Night. On this night, you went in to all four of the sorority's rooms to learn more about the sorority and their philanthropy. Each of them also had some pretty cool slideshows. The first room that i went to was ΔΓ. As soon as i walked in, everyone was screaming and overly excited. It definitely weirded me out. I even second guessed joining a sorority. They were constantly cheering and yelling. I was very happy to get out of there. The second room was KΔ. I told the girl that was talking to me that i really wanted to be in KΔ (at that point in time, it was my first choice). I also told her about how ΔΓ freaked me out. There was such a difference between the two rooms. KΔ was so much more calm compared to ΔΓ. The third room that I went to was ΦM. They were more similar to ΔΓ, but a little more calm. I kind of liked them, but they seemed a little too girly for me. They were very nice though. The final room for that night was AΔΠ. They were really cool. They were singing and the girl even said sorry about the singing, but they had to do it. I thought it was kinda cool that she said that because they seemed more real. When i left that room, I kept my top three (AΔΠ, KΔ, and ΦM) and dropped ΔΓ.
The next night was skit night. We were supposed to kind of dress up for that night. When i got there, i found out that KΔ had dropped me. I was really down and I didn't even care to talk to the girl in ΦM (my first room) because i felt like just crying. They had been my first choice. I decided that i had to keep it together because i still had AΔΠ and that i may have been wrong about the other sororities. AΔΠ's skit was cute and i could relate to it because it was about these three girls and their first few weeks of school leading up to bid day where they got into AΔΠ. ΔΓ's skit was also pretty cute, so i decided to drop ΦM that night.
The last night was preference night. We had to dress up in a cocktail-type dress and look really cute. It was the formal night. It was also a lot more serious. Both of the rooms that i went to were really cool. I also realized that i loved AΔΠ more and more each day. I really liked getting on a more personal level with them. I was so nervous that night when i ranked them. I put AΔΠ first and ΔΓ second. It was kind of ironic because i had originally dropped ΔΓ and hadn't even given them the time of day.
Bid day was the next day. I woke up early and felt terrible. My stomach hurt so bad I didn't know what it was. I still went though. Everyone met in Derryberry to get our cards. It was a long process and I was getting pretty impatient. We finally got to open our cards i was so anxious. That card wouldn't open fast enough! When it was finally open, i read: The Sisters of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority cordially invite Olivia Grisham to join our Sisterhood. Welcome to the Epsilon Psi Chapter, Tennessee Tech. It was SOOOOO exciting!!! We all ran outside to meet our new sisters, all 96 of them! They were so sweet and welcoming. I loved it! It also ended up that my ΠΧ was also an AΔΠ! It was an amazing experience!


^^MY ΠΧ GROUP ON BID DAY!^^


^^ALL OF MY NEW SISTERS!^^





No comments:

Post a Comment