Thursday, October 15, 2009

Make Up..Kinda

So this week, we're doing our workshop things, and I've talked to someone who's already gone through their's, and I learned that I have failed to blog about something, so now, I'm going to before my workshop.


Mick Jagger Wants Me
I really liked this story. It was fun to read. I haven't ever been this extreme about a famous person I don't believe, but I still liked it. My favorite part, though, was probably the end where the girl realizes that this wasn't how she wanted to see him for the first time: as another screaming girl in the crowd, but she would never get more than this. I thought that it was pretty cool.

Us and Them
Well I read "Us and Them" by David Sedaris, and I actually liked it a lot also. I liked how it showed how people can be so curious about other people that they meet that are different from them. There is a family who don't have a television and went trick-or-treating on an abnormal day compared to everyone else. The story actually had several pop culture references in it, so it was pretty relevant to what we were learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment